You can now version your projects

Ever accidentally destroyed the accuracy of a project? Have a fantastic model architecture that you want to save for later, but still want to iterate on it? The new versioning feature in the Edge Impulse studio has you covered!

Simply head to Versioning, click Store your current project version and type a commit message. This will store: 1) all your data - including labels, categories, and where the data came from, 2) your complete impulse and project configuration, 3) all blocks and all block state - this includes your fully trained ML model.

If you want to revert to a specific version, just click , click Restore, and type a new project name. We’ll then create a new project, copy all the data in, and restore the exact state of your impulse. Your current project is untouched, so don’t worry about data loss.

Also, if you have access to the enterprise version of Edge Impulse you can store all the versions for projects in your own data buckets. This means all versions are subject to your data retention policies and you’re in full control of the data. All your organization’s data buckets are automatically listed in the ‘Create a version’ screen. To add a new one, head to your organization, click Data > Buckets and enter your credentials.

Any questions or remarks, let me know here! :rocket:

3 Likes

Hi Jan,

While versioning one of my project, I couldn’t do it. I always received ‘Job Failed’ message.

Here is the complete log

Creating job… OK (ID: 284755)

Retrieving project and block configuration…
Retrieving project and block configuration OK

Retrieving training data…
Retrieving testing data…
Retrieving anomaly data…
Retrieving data OK

Writing data…
Writing data OK

Scheduling job in cluster…
Job started
Copying files…
Copying files OK

Archiving intermediate files…

No data received from server for 60 seconds…

Job failed (see above)

@SVMJ if you refresh the page does it have versions? Sometimes the network storage is a bit slow and could be that we time out when printing the messages, but the process still continues in the background.

If this is the case will file an issue to get the printing sorted.

@janjongboom Thank you for replying promptly!
Unfortunately, there is no version. I tried at least 3 times and always received the same error and there is no version saved.

@SVMJ your version job was timing out, we’ve pushed some performance fixes and should work now!

1 Like

@janjongboom thank you for a quick fix. It works fine now!

@janjongboom I ran into a problem when I’m trying to restore a versioned model.
Getting a “Job failed” error.

I have attached a screenshot.

@SVMJ, I’m upping the limit of the restore jobs to 1 hour, that should help.

1 Like

@SVMJ This has now been rolled out!

@janjongboom really appreciate your quick action on this. It works perfectly now!

1 Like