Issue on the connecting arduino 33 to Edge Impulse

C:\Users\AMAZON>edge-impulse-daemon
internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:905
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘C:\Users\AMAZON\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\edge-impulse-cli\build\cli\daemon.js’
←[90m at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:902:15)←[39m
←[90m at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:746:27)←[39m
←[90m at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:76:12)←[39m
←[90m at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47←[39m {
code: ←[32m’MODULE_NOT_FOUND’←[39m,
requireStack: []
}

C:\Users\AMAZON>

All other steps including Updating the firmware, installing edge impulse , installing arduino cli have been success fly completed. I am using a window 10 OS

Hey @josephsoso,

It looks like your PATH has not been updated, could you try to remove and install the CLI again please?
Which node version are you using?

Alternatively you can try this simple suggestion from @arijit_das_student to reboot your machine: Windows CLI error

Regards,

Louis

Thank you Louis for fast response, I am using node 14.17.3.
How to know if the path got updated?
Thank you once again

For a quick check just open your Command Prompt and type edge-impulse-daemon and if that doesn’t shoot any errors then you are good to experiment with the platform.

This what is bringing me an error

This what i am getting when i remove everything and restart again

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.1110]
© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\AMAZON>npm install -g edge-impulse-cli
npm ERR! code EPERM
npm ERR! syscall mkdir
npm ERR! path C:\Users\AMAZON’~.npm-global’\node_modules.edge-impulse-cli-JXOThjQB
npm ERR! errno -4048
npm ERR! Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir ‘C:\Users\AMAZON’~.npm-global’\node_modules.edge-impulse-cli-JXOThjQB’
npm ERR! [Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir ‘C:\Users\AMAZON’~.npm-global’\node_modules.edge-impulse-cli-JXOThjQB’] {
npm ERR! errno: -4048,
npm ERR! code: ‘EPERM’,
npm ERR! syscall: ‘mkdir’,
npm ERR! path: “C:\Users\AMAZON\’~\.npm-global’\node_modules\.edge-impulse-cli-JXOThjQB”
npm ERR! }
npm ERR!
npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
npm ERR! It’s possible that the file was already in use (by a text editor or antivirus),
npm ERR! or that you lack permissions to access it.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\AMAZON\AppData\Local\npm-cache_logs\2021-07-27T05_20_59_743Z-debug.log

C:\Users\AMAZON>

Can you run the same in Administrator mode and see if that works?

Are u sing the normal command prompt?

Still is bringing me errors

No…open your Command Prompt in Administrator mode.

@josephsoso,

It looks like permission issues. As mentioned by @arijit_das_student, can you run cmd as Admin and provide logs again?

Thanks,
Aurelien