Issue in connecting the serial port for live classification

Error: Failed to execute ‘open’ on ‘SerialPort’: The port is already open. Are you using a device that is fully supported by Edge Impulse, and have you loaded the latest device firmware?

I received this error when I connected my Arduino nano 33 BLE sense for live classification phase… I used the same device for data acquisition and it completely worked but I am not able to figure out why I get this error for connecting it for live classification… Could you please help me resolve the issue…

Thanks!

Hi @18U221,

“The port is already open” usually means that you have another application that is connected to the Arduino board. See if you have PuTTY, minicom, Arduino Serial Monitor, etc. running and connected to the board. If not, I recommend unplugging the board, plugging it back in, and then trying live classification again. Also, make sure you are running the latest Edge Impulse firmware for the Arduino (found in step 2 on this page: https://docs.edgeimpulse.com/docs/development-platforms/officially-supported-mcu-targets/arduino-nano-33-ble-sense).

“Error: Timeout when waiting for > (timeout: 5000) onConnected Are you using a device that is fully supported by Edge Impulse, and have you loaded the latest device firmware?”

I am getting this error again… Also my device is fully supported by edge impulse as I used the same device for data acquisition and some other projects…

Hi @18U221,

Could you try updating the firmware to the latest version as per this thread (Nano 33 BLE : Failed to get info off device Timeout)?

Additionally, you may want to try a different USB cable, a different USB port, and make sure that your serial port number (e.g. COM port) is the same in your device manager (if you’re using Windows) as in the edge-impulse-daemon. You may need to run edge-impulse-daemon --clean to change the port.

You might want to try WebUSB on Chrome to see if that helps: Collect Sensor Data Straight From Your Web Browser

Thanks a lot for the help!! It worked :smiling_face:

2 Likes