ESP32 CAM Support

Hey I followed the tutorial as well as played with the code. After a few hours of playing around, I just cant seem to get anything working. I think there has been so many updates to the libraries that the code is now outdated. Is there any way I could receive some help getting this going on a ESP32 Cam? I have some projects I would love to integrate Edge into.

Hello @Galbraithmedia,

The ESP-EYE is now officially supported directly by Edge Impulse. You can also use other ESP32 boards by changing the pin headers for the camera for example): On your Espressif ESP-EYE (ESP32) development board - Edge Impulse Documentation

Good new is that we take advantage of the ESP-NN hardware acceleration. However, you won’t be able to use that with Arduino IDE, you will need to use ESP-IDF to compile your code (ESP32 boards on Arduino IDE don’t support the neural network hardware acceleration).

Regards,

Louis

Great thanks! I ended up buying an ESP32 eye. Quick question with it, I have it all set up and its taking a photo every 2 seconds to analyze the object. Is there a way I can see what the camera sees while it tracks the object?

Hello @Galbraithmedia,

I believe you can use the --debug flag when you run the edge impulse daemon.

edge-impulse-daemon --debug

But I have to admit that I haven’t tested it on the esp32 :slight_smile:

Regards,

Louis

hello @louis , I’m a newbie about this. I want to know, can the esp32cam do inferencing every 2 or 3 seconds?

Hello @Rigraphic,

Yes it can! I can have something around 600ms on 64x64 or 96x96 images.

Best,

Louis

please help and check my problem i use fomo mobile vnet2 0.032 to do face recognition

You processor is out of memory. See this and this