Doesn't compile my project in Arduino IDE example

Hello, nice to meet you, I would like you to help me with a problem I have, it is that I am using a camera (ESP32 CAM), and I am trying to see my project in Arduino IDE, and to see my project I went to examples, then look for the library of my project and I went to the camera of the esp32, as in the following image:
Uploading: image.png…

but when compiling it I get an error, it tells me that “CAMERA_FB_IN_PSRAM’ was not declared in this scope” and it won’t let me upload the program to my ESP32 CAM

Uploading: image.png(1)…

Is there any solution in this problem?

@LALO we cannot see the attached images. Please re-upload.

sorry, the first image is this

and the second image of the second paragraph is this:

I emphasize that the code that I am compiling is an example that edge impulse gives me so that I can use it with the model library that I have created, which in this case my model is called “leaf health detector”.

In the Ardy IDE under the Tools menu is PSRAM enabled?

I think I don’t have the PSRAM option in the tools menu

Hello @LALO,

You can change the board to “ESP32 Dev Module”. Make sure all the settings match the ones in the documentation. It also works with the AI Thinker ESP32-Cam hardware.

Best,

Louis

2 Likes

Hello again, I managed to solve the CAMERA_FB_IN_PSRAM problem, but another problem happened, now it tells me:

C:\Users\lalog\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved2023424-19436-n2evz7.me9\esp32_camera\esp32_camera.ino:118:1: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Can there be a solution to this?

Hello, can you show your line 118 please?

Also can you try to change the board to “ESP32 Dev Module” in your Tools->Boards

Best,

Louis

I get like this, is there a solution there?

Hello @LALO,

Can you make sure you have PSRAM enabled:

If that’s the case, you may need to update esp32 core packages. To do so just remove the esp32 boards in your board manager, remove link in preferences->Additional board managers and add this link again in the additional board manager: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_index.json

Best,

Louis

I managed to compile my code, but I have a problem, is that when executing the code on my ESP32 CAM, I get the errors in the following images (I also tried to reset my esp32 CAM but I get the same error)

therefore it won’t let me see my leaf detector model.

Is there a solution?, sorry for the inconvenience

Can you try to copy-paste your register dump in ESPExceptionDecoder: 2 Questions about importing Edge Impulse Arduino : ESP32 - #9 by louis

Best,

Louis