Cannot push custom block to organization — "requires an organization API Key?"

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to build a Custom Synthetic Data block and push it to my
organization (Edge Impulse Experts, org ID 1771), but the CLI fails
with this error:

Failed to authenticate with Edge Impulse: This endpoint requires an organization API Key ؟؟؟

What I’ve tried:

  1. Installed edge-impulse-cli v1.40.0 successfully on Windows 10.
  2. Ran edge-impulse-blocks init and created a Synthetic Data block
    named “gemini-synthetic-block”.
  3. Ran edge-impulse-blocks push — failed with the error above.

I checked the organization settings in Studio, but I only see a
Project-level API Key (role: Ingestion). There’s no Organization API
Key available to me.

Questions:

  1. Do I need an Organization API Key to build custom blocks?
  2. If yes — how can I get one? I’m a member of the “Edge Impulse
    Experts” organization, but I may not have Admin permissions.
  3. Is there another way to push custom blocks from a member account?

Environment:

Thanks for any help!

1 Like