Wio Terminal TinyML Course

Hello, Edge Impulse Community!
I am making a series of video tutorials about using Edge Impulse with Seeed Studio boards (Cortex M4F Wio Terminal and Cortex M0+ XIAO). All in all I plan on making 7 videos, 2 are already published.
First video is an intro explaining how to install edge-impulse-cli and general Edge Impulse workflow + a proof-of-concept gesture recognizer with just a single light sensor!

Second video, which I just published today is about classifying sounds(gunshots, barking and glass breaking) with Wio Terminal built-in microphone and using the prediction results to send notification to mobile phone. I have spent last two weeks, working on adding support for built-in microphone to Wio Terminal Edge Impulse hardware, admittedly it is not perfect now (capped at 8000 Hz, 3 s duration), so that will be improved in future.

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

4 Likes

Awesome work @AIWintermuteAI! Looking forward for more! :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Awesome!! Well done, I love your thumbnails

A good thumbnail is a must on YouTube :slight_smile:

Great series of tutorials, I really appreciate your work. I found them looking for how to connect and train the Seeed XIAO BLE nRF52840 Sense, which you slightly introduced in your last video. I’d like to know if you are planning to make a video on this little device. Thanks

Same here. I have a Seeed XIAO BLE nRF52840 Sense and would like to do some sound recognition with it. Any tutorial?

Oh, wow, already such a demand. I do plan to make a tutorial for XIAO BLE too in very near future (beginning of March). Stay tuned!

Good afternoon from the UK, I am interfacing a Pi Pico for audio scene classification and Edge Impulse isn’t compiling the code for me. I’m not sure if there is a micropython version when building neural network from EI, so I need to do this in C++? I only have a week left.

1. I don’t think we (or I myself at Hardware.ai) ever made code for Audio Scene Classification with Pi Pico and EI? Which code are you referring to?
  2. No, there is no generic micropython interface available at the moment. Vision models for certain board have OpenMV export option though.

Hello!

Here is a tutorial for the XIAO BLE Sense that I just discovered: Trying out Edge Impulse machine learning platform on XIAO BLE Sense board - CNX Software

Regards,

Louis