WebUSB timeout on Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense

Hi there!

Last week (Saturday) I was able to use WebUSB to connect the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense to Edge Impulse. This is a great solution for collecting accelerometer data without using the CLI.

Today (Monday), I tried to collect some more data using WebUSB. However, the connection is always timing out. I cannot get the Arduino to connect to Edge Impulse anymore. I’ve tried multiple computers (Linux, Windows & Mac) and multiple browsers (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome) without any success. Even used three other Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense without any luck. The same timeout modal shows every time I try to connect. Beneath are the steps I follow in order to connect the Arduino.

Step 1: Click “Connect using WebUSB” while on the Data acquisition page.
Step 2: Select Arduino Nano 33 BLE (cu.usbmodem1201) in the serial port browser pop-up. (MacOS)
Step 3 (The error):

Log from the console also doesn’t show anything weird.

init.ts:97 Hello world from Edge Impulse options Object
pagination.ts:256 visible Array(8)
pagination.ts:288 currentPage is 1
device-control-widget.ts:233 onload 
device-control-widget.ts:96 onSampleSensorChanged undefined 
device-control-widget.ts:96 onSampleSensorChanged undefined 
pagination.ts:63 updateNumberOfRows 1233
daemon.ts:138 Connecting over WebSerial...
webserial-connector.ts:52 port info SerialPort
webserial-connector.ts:53 Connected!
daemon.ts:140 Connecting over WebSerial OK
daemon.ts:142 onConnected...

Does anyone have an idea on how to get the WebUSB working again? Help would be much appreciated, I really miss this awesome feature :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Boris

Hi @boris,

We don’t notice any issue with the WebUSB on our side. Just to confirm, you have flashed the Edge Impulse firmware to your different boards?

Aurelien

Oh wow, that’s a really foolish of me… I thought this was not needed when using WebUSB but actually makes sense now to think of it. My mistake, everything works just fine.

I read this post thinking the flashing was not required… sorry!

Best regards,
Boris

2 Likes