Waiting for unfinished jobs build error

Hi there,

The project is currently running into an issue when I try to build it. I’ve attached a screenshot to show it, but also have it typed so you can see the first error fully. I also am attaching the entire project incase you wish to try it. Prior to this, I had other errors that are now hopefully corrected after being informed that they were caused by me having not linked the sdk libraries, so I have followed the deploy your model as a c library tutorial best I could since the makefile is designed a bit differently than the makefile initially made in the tutorial, so I hope what I did was correct. The program I am using to build the project is ModusToolBox version 2.4, using the Eclipse IDE. I am unsure if there is anything else I should be listing, so if there is, then let me know and I’ll try to provide it as soon as possible. Thank you for taking time to read this, hope everyone has a nice night/day.

Errors:
make[1]: *** […/mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/build.mk:377: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make: *** […/mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19PbxYk_xSBvgtShBa9lMmmP4DXmAV_Tw/view?usp=sharing

Hi @ssjsonic,

There is probably an underlying gcc error. Could you check if you have other errors before in your build console?

Aurelien

@aurel

Ok, took me a bit to find any errors that weren’t listed in red but I think I found the things I missed.

First thing is a repeated warning I will show in quotations, " : warning: ISO C++11 requires whitespace after the macro name ". I am not sure if there’s anything to do about this as its just a warning but figured I should mention it just incase.

The error(s) I found earlier in the build console are these:

: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant
edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/…/numpy.hpp:1720:20: note: in expansion of macro ‘g’
1720 | int32_t e, g;
| ^
: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/…/numpy.hpp:1722:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘g’
1722 | g = (int32_t) * ((int32_t *)&a);
| ^
: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/…/numpy.hpp:1724:9: note: in expansion of macro ‘g’
1724 | g = g - e;
| ^
: error: lvalue required as unary ‘&’ operand
edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/…/numpy.hpp:1725:34: note: in expansion of macro ‘g’
1725 | m = (float) * ((float *)&g);
|

I’m guessing its a conflict as I have added g to the Defines list as part of the makefile following the tutorial, while in the numpy.hpp file g is being used as a variable. So should I try changing the g variable in numpy.hpp to a different variable name?

Update:

I worked through those additional errors by renaming the float variable g to l, and after I took care of those variable calls, I then went to build the project and came back to errors I had prior to creating this topic. I ran into tons of errors of undefined references. I apologize for the super long message, but figured it would be best to show what I’m dealing with, and just so I don’t miss on giving information I am supposed to. These are not all of the errors as it goes over the text limit, but a fair amount of the errors repeat themselves.

In the google drive link I provided in my first comment, I posted my entire project and so it includes the makefile, where I did do my best to follow the tutorial in order to properly link the sdk libraries so the project is able to access or use the files, just to reiterate. So I believe I did it correctly as best as I could. Oh, and incase its needed, this is for the PSOC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit board that I am attempting to run this on.

c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o: in function ei::numpy::software_rfft(float*, ei::fft_complex_t*, unsigned int, unsigned int)': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/../numpy.hpp:1961: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.o: in function ei::dct::transform(float*, unsigned int)': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.cpp:43: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.cpp:48: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.cpp:50: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/dct/fast-dct-fft.cpp:66: undefined reference to `ei_free(void*)’

c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::speechpy::feature::filterbanks(ei::ei_quantized_matrix*, unsigned short, int, unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long, bool)': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:68: undefined reference to ei_malloc(unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:95: undefined reference to ei_malloc(unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:97: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:117: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:122: undefined reference to ei_malloc(unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:124: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:130: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::speechpy::feature::filterbanks(ei::ei_quantized_matrix*, unsigned short, int, unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long, bool)': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/feature.hpp:167: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_inference': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:808: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:874: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1116: undefined reference to ei_run_impulse_check_canceled()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function (anonymous namespace)::extract_image_features(ei::ei_signal_t*, ei::ei_matrix*, void*, float)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:1199: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:1200: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function (anonymous namespace)::extract_image_features_quantized(ei::ei_signal_t*, ei::ei_matrix_i8*, void*, float)': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:1263: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:1264: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier_image_quantized’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1426: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1438: undefined reference to ei_run_impulse_check_canceled()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1442: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1454: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1479: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix_i8::ei_matrix_i8(unsigned long, unsigned long, signed char*)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:348: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier_image_quantized’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1434: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix_i8::~ei_matrix_i8()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:373: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier_image_quantized’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1446: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1448: undefined reference to ei_printf_float(float)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1449: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1451: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1159: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1189: undefined reference to ei_run_impulse_check_canceled()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1167: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier': D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1185: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1196: undefined reference to ei_read_timer_us()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::~ei_matrix()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function run_classifier’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1200: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1202: undefined reference to ei_printf_float(float)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1203: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1205: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:1210: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_quantized_matrix::ei_quantized_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float ()(unsigned char), unsigned char)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:443: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_quantized_matrix::~ei_quantized_matrix()’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:468: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::ei_matrix::ei_matrix(unsigned long, unsigned long, float*)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/../numpy_types.h:104: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/spectral/…/numpy_types.h:129: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::speechpy::processing::preemphasis::preemphasis(ei::ei_signal_t*, int, float, bool)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/processing.hpp:57: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/processing.hpp:58: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function ei::speechpy::processing::preemphasis::~preemphasis()': D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/processing.hpp:144: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/./edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/speechpy/processing.hpp:147: undefined reference to ei_free(void*)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/main.o: in function (anonymous namespace)::extract_mfcc_features(ei::ei_signal_t*, ei::ei_matrix*, void*, float)’:
D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:325: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:326: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:338: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, ...)' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:345: undefined reference to ei_printf(char const*, …)’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.o: in function trained_model_init(void* (*)(unsigned int, unsigned int))': D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:421: undefined reference to tflite::ops::micro::Register_RESHAPE()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:422: undefined reference to tflite::Register_CONV_2D()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:423: undefined reference to tflite::ops::micro::Register_MAX_POOL_2D()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:424: undefined reference to tflite::Register_FULLY_CONNECTED()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:425: undefined reference to tflite::Register_SOFTMAX()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.o: in function (anonymous namespace)::AllocatePersistentBuffer(TfLiteContext*, unsigned int)': D:\ECE186B\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:298: undefined reference to ei_calloc(unsigned int, unsigned int)’

Hi @ssjsonic,

Those functions are specific for each target. As the board you’re using is not officially supported you need to port those functions, you can read more here: Deploy your model as a C++ library - Edge Impulse Documentation.

You can also check this repo from one of our users who ported the same board last year: Voice_Recognition_PSoC6/mtw/PSoC6_Model_Inferencing_Project/edge-impulse-sdk/porting at main · metanav/Voice_Recognition_PSoC6 · GitHub

Aurelien

@aurel

Yeah, after my previous update, I went back to that tutorial and discovered my mistake in understanding it fully, and I did find that repo from a discussion on here, and I grabbed the folder and updated the porting.h file that was referenced in the discussion. That cleared up those references errors, now though I have some more that I am not sure how to possibly fix.
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:/ECE186B_Project/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.o: in function trained_model_init(void* (*)(unsigned int, unsigned int))': D:\ECE186B_Project\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:421: undefined reference to tflite::ops::micro::Register_RESHAPE()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B_Project\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:422: undefined reference to tflite::Register_CONV_2D()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B_Project\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:423: undefined reference to tflite::ops::micro::Register_MAX_POOL_2D()’
c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B_Project\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:424: undefined reference to tflite::Register_FULLY_CONNECTED()' c:/users/ssjsonic/modustoolbox/tools_2.4/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: D:\ECE186B_Project\Project/tflite-model/trained_model_compiled.cpp:425: undefined reference to tflite::Register_SOFTMAX()’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** […/mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/build.mk:529: D:/ECE186B_Project/Project/build/CY8CKIT-062-BLE/Debug/mtb-example-psoc6-empty-app.elf] Error 1
make: *** […/mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2

Looking at the GitHub code I see the repo has cpp versions of the .cc files in edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels, and the cpp versions require a tensor.h file which I added to a copy project set in a different directory as a testing project. I instead get a lot more errors, two of such files being:
edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels/fully_connected.cpp:104:47: error: too many arguments to function
104 | context, buf_size, &data->scratch_buffer);
| ^
In file included from edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/c/builtin_op_data.h:20,
from edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels/fully_connected.cpp:24:
edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels/fully_connected.cpp: In function ‘TfLiteStatus tflite::ops::micro::fully_connected::EvalQuantizedInt8(TfLiteContext*, TfLiteNode*, TfLiteFullyConnectedParams*, tflite::ops::micro::fully_connected::{anonymous}::OpData*, const TfLiteTensor*, const TfLiteTensor*, const TfLiteTensor*, TfLiteTensor*)’:
edge-impulse-sdk/tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels/fully_connected.cpp:131:32: error: cannot convert ‘const signed char*’ to ‘const cmsis_nn_context*’

The total errors from this test project directory gives 35 errors, compared to the 8 errors that did not include the added files.