Thingy53 connection gets interrupted all the time

I’m using an iPhone 14 and I have updated the firmware. The Thingy is connected to my laptop. I have connection. Everything works fine. I have trained and uploaded a model. That was successful. But the connection breaks all the time after a, let’s say, 10 to 30 seconds. When I try to reconnect the ‘connection is timed out’. When I switch the power off and on, I can reconnect. But after a couple of seconds the connection breaks again. Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it? Without flipping the power switch all the time 😊

2 Likes

Hi @GerverA,

Please try updating the Thingy53 core firmware using one of these methods: Getting started with Thingy:53 — nRF Connect SDK 2.5.99 documentation

@GerverA

Thanks for the alert one of our embedded team is working on a fix right now, hopefully it will be available tomorrow morning. Although we will post again once it’s confirmed to be publicly available.

Best

Eoin

Hi @Eoin,

Thanks for the heads up!

Best,

Andre

Hi @shawn_edgeimpulse,

Already did that. Twice. Not working.

Hi @GerverA

the new release is out. Please try it out to confirm that everything is ok.
Since you are not able to connect to the device and update the binary over BLE, the best way would be putting the device in the bootloader mode (Here is how to do that) and flash it over USB connection from your computer.
After this flash you will be able to use normal BLE workflow as before.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Vojislav

1 Like