Spectogram block displays error

What is causing the spectrogram block to display the following error message:

Error: Product of "output_config.shape" width, height should be equal to the number of features returned for "spectrogram" block

I’m trying to use Edge Impulse with a Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect after downloading a newly built firmware from:

https://github.com/edgeimpulse/firmware-pi-rp2040

after starting the edge-impulse-daemon EI recognizes the Arduino board as a:

RASPBERRY_PI_RP2040

The Data Acquisition screen will let me collect various data samples using the Inertial sensors and the data graph looks somewhat reasonable for the type of gesture motion recorded.

I created an Impulse with a Spectogram block and 2 learning blocks: NN Keras) block and with the two learning blocks: 1. NN (KERAS) and 2. Anomaly Detection.

Then when I click on the Spectogram block thats when I get the following error message:

Error: Product of "output_config.shape" width, height should be equal to the number of features returned for "spectrogram" block

Any explanations or suggested ways to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John Pingel

Hello @JakeOldBoy,

Can you share your project ID so I can have a deeper look please?

Best,

Louis

The name of my project is:

John /JakeOldBoy-project-1

I have had several problems with trying to get my device: Arduino Nano RP2040 connect to work properly with Edge Impulse. For example:

1. Getting the latest firmware-rp2040 to build for the Arduino Nano Rp2040, but AIWintermuteAI helped me with that.

2. Possible the accelerometer x,y,z may be switched with the values for the gyro x,y,z

Anyway, I wish there was a tutorial for a whole project including deploying and running the project just for Arduino Nano rp2040 Connect devices!

Thanks,
John Pingel

Thanks,

The Project ID is on the right side of the Dashboard about 1/2 way down. Probably a 6-digit number.

MMarcial:

I saw that the project id is part of the URL I pasted above. Regardless, the Project ID: 130909

I wonder if its something about my local build of the firmware for the rp2040 based on the instructions in that github repos’ README.md:

https://github.com/edgeimpulse/firmware-pi-rp2040

Anyway, please let me know if you can tell from the project what might be wrong. If its potentially my build of the firmware … Can you point me to an official build of that firmware that is proven to work with Arduino Nano rp2040 Connect?

Thanks,
John Pingel

Louis:

Did you see that my project id: 130909

I also sent Jan and you more detailed response.

I look forward to your insights!

Thanks,
John Pingel

Hello @JakeOldBoy,

Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling for TheThingsConference last week in Amsterdam.

I can see several issues for your project.

1. Your dataset contains both audio samples (that you disabled) and accelerometer + gyroscope samples. The accelero + gyroscope have been sampled at different frequencies (some at 62,5Hz, some at 100Hz). In your impulse, the frequency has been set to 100Hz which will add a couple of zeros for your 62,5Hz samples.

2. The spectrogram only accept one axis, for gesture recognitions, I would suggest to use the spectral analysis. However, if you really need to use the spectrogram for any particular reason, you can stack 3 individual spectrogram blocks and associate them with one axis each.

I do not have an Arduino Nano RP 2040 so I won’t be able to help you on the deployment part but let me know if you have further questions.

All the best with your hackathon project!

Louis