Sparkfun Muscle AI workshop troubleshooting

Just DM’d you, should have been in the email from Sparkfun.

Aurelien

Where can we get the instructions for joining the workshop?
I got my kit, but never received the instructions.

I am getting the following error when compiling the inference sketch.
C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\7-2017q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe: The filename or extension is too long.
Error compiling for board SparkFun MicroMod nRF52840 Processor Board.

Has anybody seen the same issue?
Is there a fix or workaround?
Thanks.

If any of you want to see the replay of the workshop, here it is:

And here is the link of the tutorial that will cover all the steps:

2 Likes

This issue has been fixed in Arduino v1.8.15, could you check your Arduino version?
If you need to use an older version, we have a workaround to bypass this limit: https://docs.edgeimpulse.com/docs/running-your-impulse-arduino#code-compiling-fails-under-windows-os

Aurelien

Hello,
I’ve recently participated in an “AI WORKSHOP: MEET YOUR NEW FITNESS
TRAINER”
Unfortunately I am not able to connect to the board, when I connect it via
the USB, the board is not visible in the Arduino IDE. Other similar boards
(e.g. Nano BLE Sence) were working just fine with the same set up.

I am using MacOs.

Can you please point me in the right direction? At the moment it looks like
the hardware is faulty but perhaps I am missing something.
Regards,
Alexey

Thanks, @aurel. Yes, I was able to get the code to compile by switching to the 1.8.15 IDE. I was using the 1.8.13 IDE before.

1 Like

Hello @PinkTennisBall,

Could you try with another USB C cable / USB Hub maybe?
The USB connector is different from the Arduino BLE Sense so maybe it comes from it.

I also encounter an issue with the MicroMod when I forgot to add the Wire.h library, after uploading a sketch missing the library, the board was not able to connect to my Laptop.
First thing I tried was to press the reset button twice and see if it detects it back.
If you still can’t see the board, what I did was to remove the nRF52840 processor (remove the screw, remove the processor and then put it back). And it came back.

Let me know if this fixes your issue,

Regards,

Louis

1 Like

I faced the same problem, the USB cable came with my kit is not working for data transfer, it is only for powering the board. Use some other type C cable and it would work.

1 Like

Thanks @louis,

Switching a USB-C cable did the trick. The board is now detectable and I can connect to it and upload the data_forwarded_example sketch.

Thanks a bunch for you help, i’ll continue with the recorded workshop.

Regards,
Alexey

2 Likes