SparkFun MicroMod board: [SER] Failed to get information off device No valid sensor readings received from device

Hello, I created a model and project following the SparkFun workshop that was conducted on 30 June. Everything worked perfectly and ran great.

However, I wanted to update my model to include anomaly detection. When I tried to reconnect to Edge Impulse via the CLI data forwarder, I received the following error:

[SER] Failed to get information off device No valid sensor readings received from device.

I tried connecting via the daemon and received a timeout (even doing the --clean option). I saw a couple other topics on the forum to hit the reset twice and unplug USB/reconnect (didn’t work) or to reload firmware. I didn’t think that was a step in the workshop. We had to copy a custom mbed folder into the Arduino folder but I don’t remember doing a fw push to the board.
Any help would be appreciated!

Hello @jlutzwpi,

Can you make sure that the data-forwarder arduino sketch is the one running on your board?

The daemon won’t work here as the board is not officially supported.

Regards,

Louis

1 Like

Hello @louis

Could you please specify where to find data-forwarder arduino sketch? I am unable to find it

Regards,

Hello @safi.dhillon,

It’s a bit old but you’ll find the data forwarder example for the micromod nrf52840 here: https://github.com/edgeimpulse/example-SparkFun-MicroMod-nRF52840/tree/main/arduino-examples/data-forwarder-example

Best,

Louis