SiLabs xG24 Dev Kit ML hardware accelerator utilization

Hi,

Does the EI firmware utilizes ML hardware accelerator available on this supported board SiLabs xG24 Dev Kit | Edge Impulse Documentation
or it just CPU-only inference?

Needs to decide between this board and SLTB010A Bluetooth Thunderboard Kit - Silicon Labs - Silicon Labs for prototyping, your help will be appreciated, Thank you

Hello @Koppu,

The SiLabs xG24 utilizes indeed the AI hardware accelerator.
As per the guidance on the choice of board, it really depends on your project and your constraints.
If you are looking to choose the correct MCU for a commercial product, let me know, I can happily put you in contact with our sales team. Then, we can help you to decide based on your use case.

Best,

Louis

Hi Louis,

I brought xG24 Dev Kit for my personal research project and was following getting started guide for this board to set it up for my apple silicon Mac which is not successful:

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$ python --version

Python 3.12.3

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$ npm --version

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$ node -v

v20.16.0

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$ npm install -g edge-impulse-cli --force

npm warn using --force Recommended protections disabled.

npm warn deprecated osenv@0.1.5: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated inflight@1.0.6: This module is not supported, and leaks memory. Do not use it. Check out lru-cache if you want a good and tested way to coalesce async requests by a key value, which is much more comprehensive and powerful.

npm warn deprecated @zeit/dockerignore@0.0.5: “@zeit/dockerignore” is no longer maintained

npm warn deprecated move-concurrently@1.0.1: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated rimraf@2.7.1: Rimraf versions prior to v4 are no longer supported

npm warn deprecated figgy-pudding@3.5.2: This module is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated npmlog@4.1.2: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported

npm warn deprecated copy-concurrently@1.0.5: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated request-promise@4.2.4: request-promise has been deprecated because it extends the now deprecated request package, see Request’s Past, Present and Future · Issue #3142 · request/request · GitHub

npm warn deprecated are-we-there-yet@1.1.7: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated glob@7.2.3: Glob versions prior to v9 are no longer supported

npm warn deprecated fs-write-stream-atomic@1.0.10: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated debug@4.1.1: Debug versions >=3.2.0 <3.2.7 || >=4 <4.3.1 have a low-severity ReDos regression when used in a Node.js environment. It is recommended you upgrade to 3.2.7 or 4.3.1.

npm warn deprecated uuid@3.4.0: Please upgrade to version 7 or higher. Older versions may use Math.random() in certain circumstances, which is known to be problematic. See There’s Math.random(), and then there’s Math.random() · V8 for details.

npm warn deprecated gauge@2.7.4: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated fstream@1.0.12: This package is no longer supported.

npm warn deprecated request@2.88.0: request has been deprecated,

changed 375 packages in 13s

15 packages are looking for funding

run npm fund for details

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$ edge-impulse-daemon

-bash: edge-impulse-daemon: command not found

(base) Rams-MBP:EI ramkumarkoppu$

this is my first use of EI and any help to install ‘edge-impulse-daemon’ on MacBook would be helpful

Hello @Koppu,

changed 375 packages in 13s

It seems that the CLI has been properly installed.

Can you try to close your terminal and open it again? Else feel free to have a look at the troubleshooting section in this documentation page: Installation | Documentation

Best,

Louis

How do I add my custom made analog sensor which is attached to the ADC of the board EI project for capture data using edge-impulse-deamon ?