Run Linux SDK in RPi Compute Modules

I have an industrial PLC based on RPi CM. Can I run Linux Python SDK on it?

pi@RevPi37218:~ $ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)”
NAME=“Raspbian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“8”
VERSION=“8 (jessie)”
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL=“http://www.raspbian.org/
SUPPORT_URL=“RaspbianForums - Raspbian
BUG_REPORT_URL=“RaspbianBugs - Raspbian

No success running this:

sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev libportaudio0 libportaudio2 libportaudiocpp0 portaudio19-dev

pi@RevPi37218:~ $ sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev libportaudio0 libportaudio2 libportaudiocpp0 portaudio19-dev
Leyendo lista de paquetes… Hecho
Creando ▒rbol de dependencias
Leyendo la informaci▒n de estado… Hecho
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete libatlas-base-dev
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete libportaudio0
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete libportaudiocpp0
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete portaudio19-dev

Someone could help? Thanks in advance!

Does the PLC have Internet access so that it can find the Python packages?

Also the command should include more libraries. See this.

Yes, device has internet access but cannot find the packages.

@louis or @ShawnHymel I am out of ideas. Can you forward this to a Team member that is an expert with RPi running Python.

As apt is failing, this appears to be an issue with the Raspberry Pi CM or network connection, not something with Edge Impulse. I highly recommend posting on https://forums.raspberrypi.com/ to see if some of the experts there can help you get apt working.

My guess is that something is wrong with the network connection. I recommend checking with ifconfig and ping 8.8.8.8 to make sure that your WiFi has an IP address and that you can ping the outside Internet.

Thank you, both. It was so simple to fix: upgrading to the latest supported RPi image (Buster)

Thanks!

Antonio

2 Likes

Now facing this addtional issue when trying to run my model. Any help is appreciated…

pi@RevPi37218:~/linux-sdk-python/examples/audio $ python classify.py modeloOK.eim
File “classify.py”, line 54
print(‘Result (%d ms.) ’ % (res[‘timing’][‘dsp’] + res[‘timing’][‘classification’]), end=’')
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Hello @aabejaro,

It seems that you have a syntax issue, did you use this code as is or you modified something in the code?

If you modified anything, could you share your code please?

Best,

Louis

Thanks, Louis! No, I have not modified the original .py file. Don´t now how to continue. Any help is appreciated. Take into account is a RPi Compute Module running Raspbian Buster.