Problems with ESP-EYE

In another topic I opened previously, I explained that I cannot make Edge Impulse to work with FireBeetles (last two generations), and also with ESP32 CAM even though the website references these boards as compatible.

In the thread it was argued that these boards cannot work (or at least needs some tweaking in which there was no explanation of what this tweaking is), and that the ESP-EYE works out of the box. Guess what… it does not, at least in my case. I face the same problems as with ESP32 CAM. The errors I am receiving:

[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...
[SER] Failed to get info off device Timeout when waiting for > (timeout: 5000) onConnected

Also, can’t work in Data Forwarder or WebUSB. Is there ANY chance that your latest firmware needs some revisiting? Is there any documentation regarding the error messages I am receiving?

Uploading from other platforms works fine btw (ESP/Arduino).

Hello @stavdee,

I successfully managed to flash the ESP32 CAM following the procedure given here:

I changed the pin definition and the baudrate and recompiled the firmware as explained here:

Can you upload a basic application to the ESP-EYE (not Edge Impulse related) to make sure you can actually connect to that board and it is not a hardware / driver issue.

Best,

Louis