Mbed Studio compiling error

Hello,

i tried to compile the “firmware-st-b-l475e-iot01a” project in Mbed Studio.
After cloning the repositorie, i had to update the mbed-os version to 5.3.2.
Then i checked out the last commit from all sub repositories.
But after all i still get an error from mbed studio.
(Python 3.9 is installed)

File “c:\Users\xyzxyz\Mbed Programs\firmware-st-b-l475e-iot01a/mbed-os/tools/make.py”, line 192
print mcu_toolchain_matrix(platform_filter=options.general_filter_regex)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Did someone fixed this error already?

Greats

The Mbed OS version does not look right, it should be this exact revision (based on Mbed OS 5.15):

https://github.com/janjongboom/mbed-os/#9366d8d3db62528deb1d55a44fcd58997a466fa2

The error you see is because the version of make.py that you now have was from before Mbed OS gained Python 3 compatibility.

yehaaa it´s compiling, thx :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok celebrated too early :smiley:
time.h is missing
Do i have to install some basic sources?
Im working on Windows.

In file included from .\source\main.cpp:27:
In file included from ./source/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier\ei_run_classifier.h:33:
In file included from ./source/ingestion-sdk-platform/mbed\ei_sampler.h:33:
In file included from ./source/ingestion-sdk-platform/mbed/ei_ws_client.h:29:
In file included from ./source/repl\at_cmd_repl_mbed.h:37:
./source/repl/repl.h:29:10: fatal error: ‘sys/time.h’ file not found
#include <sys/time.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~

@AssKicker Are you able to set the compiler there? I think Mbed Studio might use ARMCC6 by default instead of GCC.

Im trying to compile it from the mbed studio gui.
Do i have to install other tools next to mbed studio, to run your command?

@AssKicker Are you able to set the compiler there? I think Mbed Studio might use ARMCC6 by default instead of GCC.

Hello,

here my short feedback from my side.
First of all … i compiled and flashed the ST Board successfully with Mbed Studio :slight_smile: .

After your hint (@janjongboom ) I decided to install the toolchain according to the instructions in the github repos (firmware-st-b-l475e-iot01a).

Afterwards I was able to compile and flash the project with the GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain and the Mbed CLI under windows.

Then i copied the project to the mbed studio workspace and was able to switch the default compiler to GCC (Arm Mbed Studio - Switching to GCC).

After this i was able to compile and flash the progam.

Thanks for the fast help.
Greats

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back!

HI,
I’m also trying to repeat the work on Windows, but I’m stuck in the comipling phase, since I didn’t know the exact python version used for the toolchain buiding, I installed the newest one (python 3.12.1), then compability errors happen. So which version should I use for the toolchain?

To anyone who may take an interest, building mbed cli upon Python 3.8 will be OK.