I'm using eifusion and gas sensors, i collected air, gin, skippy with VOC, C2H5OH, NO2, CO etc . but classifier not working well

Question/Issue:
I’m using eifusion and gas sensors, i collected air, gin, skippy with VOC, C2H5OH, NO2, CO etc . but classifier not working well. In EI project, i can classify the individual gas properly with high accuracy. But when i do the inferencing in ESP32 board , it always goes to Skippy when it’s in air. but it can correctly tell it’s GIN when i put the board next to Gin. so it’s just not able to differentiate air and skippy.

Project ID: 355354

Context/Use case:
ESP32 based multiple gas detector.

I tried to run the inference in linux with the c++ library extracted and the raw features downloaded from the model testing page. it works fine.
I’m also trying to have debug on, but no much debug message in the sdk.
Now I have to go through the sdk code ei_run_classifier.h to understand why it always goes to skippy label.

Hi @Orapeasant

@shawn_edgeimpulse has worked on this before, and had found he needed to use a fan to direct the gas to the sensor:

Best

Eoin

Thanks Eoin.
I figured it out. The issue is because I sent data in an array while just one frame of data is good enough.