How to see output from serial monitor

I deployed my continous motion recognition model as cmsis pack from edge impulse studio, then I followed this guide and applied every step until “Seeing the output” section. Now, I am to see an output of classification of motion by using my STM32F407 but I haven’t found out how to do this.

The guide says that I am to connect my board to my pc, change the baud rate to 115,200, reset the board (by pressing black button) and finally open a serial monitor and run a code. However, after I apply all these settings I don’t see anywhere to run a code in my serial monitor(I use real term) to see an output.

What should I do to see an output? Could it be about missing/wrong pinout & configuration setting or clock configuration? All I have configured are enabling UART5 in asynchronous mode, CRC and my Edge Impulse project(since the last two are obligatory indicated by the guide to include the Edge Impulse project to STM project).

Okay I have found out how to see output. I installed Edge Impulse CLI after hours full of error messages. Now there is a new issue I’m facing with. This is the error message when I run edge-impulse-run-impulse :

Edge Impulse impulse runner v1.14.0
[SER] Connecting to COM3
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config…
[SER] Failed to get info off device:undefined. Is this device running a binary built through Edge Impulse? Reconnecting in 5 seconds…
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config…
[SER] Failed to get info off device:undefined. Is this device running a binary built through Edge Impulse? Reconnecting in 5 seconds…

And it goes like this. Like I mentioned above, I’m using STM32F407 and probably the recent issue is about my configuration. The guide doesn’t tell any setting about configuration for STM project that can be set from STM32CubeIDE. So I didn’t anything about it at the beginning. Now I’m just randomly changing configuration of connectivity (USART, UART, etc.). What do I have to do exactly to see an output.

Hi @oddyses First of all you need edge-impulse-run-impulse --raw (the setting without --raw is for development boards that run a special AT command firmware to control, but that’s not included when you just run inference).

Then make sure you output at baud rate 115,200 and to the right UART (not sure which one is hooked up to the STLink on that target unfortunately) and you should see output flowing.

I guess there’s some basic UART example for the STM32F407 in STM32CubeIDE from where you can see which UART to use.