Feature generation failure

I have a problem similar to the one posted on 8 Oct. No solution seems to have been posted.
Adjusting window size and increment doesn’t fix it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Project link
https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/studio/68162/

My error output:
Feature generation output
Creating job… OK (ID: 1842064)

Scheduling job in cluster…
Job started
Creating windows from 556 files…
[2/6] Pre-caching files…
[3/6] Pre-caching files…
[5/6] Pre-caching files…
[6/6] Pre-caching files…
Pre-caching files OK

[ 1/556] Creating windows from files…
[ 36/556] Creating windows from files…
[128/556] Creating windows from files…
[383/556] Creating windows from files…
[395/556] Creating windows from files…
[405/556] Creating windows from files…
[409/556] Creating windows from files…
/home/create_features.sh: line 3: 7 Killed node “/app/node/windowing/build/window-time-series.js” “/home/input.json” “/home/output.json”

Application exited with code 137 (OOMKilled)

Job failed (see above)

Hello @horseBox,

I increased your resources performances on this specific project to make sure you are now able to generate the features. However, I need further investigation why it ended up with an Out Of Memory issue. I am creating a version of your project called “Edge Impulse Support” so I can come back to your issue later.

Regards,

Louis

@horseBox - we’ve upped the memory limits for all jobs to be less stringent (they can go over memory limits without being killed immediately) and this should resolve all OOMKilled issues. We’re monitoring actively to see if any others happen and can tweak the limits if that’s the case.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for this update. The increased resources added to the two projects which Louis has been monitoring solved the problems.
We are about to move on from the preliminary small scale analyses to some larger data sets, and it is reassuring to know the resource limits are now more flexible.

1 Like