Failure to compile C++ library

Question/Issue:
Hey, I am having trouble with compiling my c++ library after having followed this tutorial. My maker file is identical to the one in the tutorial, further more my project is a bounding boxes one.

For the following compilation command ‘make -j 4’ as in the tutorial, the output I get is:

gcc -I. -Wall                                            -g                                              -Wno-strict-aliasing            -Os                                             -DNDEBUG                                        -DEI_CLASSIFIER_ENABLE_DETECTION_POSTPROCESS_OP         -DTF_LITE_DISABLE_X86_NEON=1 -c edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal.c -o edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal.o
PdrvpdrvC:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe: *** unable to allocate heap, error 0
[main] C:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe 1000 (0) sync_with_child: child 18268(0x1F8) died before initialization with status code 0x1
[main] make 1000 (0) sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
make: vfork: No more processes

I looked around to see if anyone else had the same problem and I came across a solution ‘make -j2’ which results in the following error:

gcc -I. -Wall                                            -g                                              -Wno-strict-aliasing            -Os                                             -DNDEBUG                                        -DEI_CLASSIFIER_ENABLE_DETECTION_POSTPROCESS_OP         -DTF_LITE_DISABLE_X86_NEON=1 -c edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal.c -o edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal.o
gcc -I. -Wall                                            -g                                              -Wno-strict-aliasing            -Os                                             -DNDEBUG                                        -DEI_CLASSIFIER_ENABLE_DETECTION_POSTPROCESS_OP         -DTF_LITE_DISABLE_X86_NEON=1 -c edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal2.c -o edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal2.o
cc1.exe: Invalid option `-Wno-strict-aliasing'
make: *** [edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
cc1.exe: Invalid option `-Wno-strict-aliasing'
make: *** [edge-impulse-sdk/CMSIS/DSP/Source/TransformFunctions/arm_bitreversal2.o] Error 1

I am running the model on my laptop with 16GB of RAM which runs on windows.

My gcc is version: egcs-2.91.57

Hi @JPB1620,

This looks like an issue with make on Windows. Can you compile your code in something like WSL2 or Cygwin?