Failing Firmware Silicon Labs xG24 Dev Kit Tutorial

Was having an issue with an earlier project not building (for similar issue) so I decided to restart by following this tutorial. I am using the xG24 Dev Kit, Simplicity Studio v5, and Gecko SDK v4.0.2. But during step 10 when opening the firmware-xg24.slcp file I get these problems:

(The other problems that show up have the same description)

Attempting step 11 (Forcing Generation) fails with the same problems.

I cant imagine this is something wrong with the tutorial because I have done it successfully before, but would anyone happen to know what is wrong with either my Simplicity Studio or Gecko SDK? (and potentially how to fix it)

Going to reinstall my Gecko SDK v4.0.2 and will report what I find, thanks for any help!

Hello @SethW,

Yes please let me know if reinstalling the Gecko v4.0.2 fixes your issue, I cannot replicate it.

Regards,

Louis

Hey @louis,
The reinstalling of Gecko v4.0.2 fixed the issues associated with Force Generation. But now I am getting these build errors.

The files its looking for are in the ei-model directory that we deleted the workspace link to. I can confirm the ei-model directory is still there.

I am getting an error from src/sensors/ei_hell_sensor.cpp where it is attempting to include the ei_classifier_porting.h file:

#include "edge-impulse-sdk/porting/ei_classifier_porting.h"

But if I change it to

#include "ei-model/edge-impulse-sdk/porting/ei_classifier_porting.h"

I no longer get the error. I know this fix works but is there another way besides manually changing the include paths?

(Sorry for so many edits, Initially I was working on incorrect slcp file)
Thanks,
Seth

Hey @louis,

A quick update on my situation:
Went back through and retried example but skipped steps 8 & 9 where the ei-model folder is deleted. After the remaining steps I still get the same errors when building.

I understand that it is hard to provide help considering you cannot recreate the issue. I will continue to keep you updated on what I find.

Thanks,
Seth

Hello @SethW,

You will need to delete the ei-model folder because otherwise it will try to reference the includes (leading to your error). It will only be deleted from your workspace not from your project.

If you still have issues, can you come back to me? I’ll ask @mateusz to have a look, he’s the one who worked on that xg24 board integration so he might have a better idea of where your issue comes from.

Best,

Louis

Hello @louis ,

Sorry that was my bad, I have failed the tutorial so many times I decided to give it a try without deleting the files. I restarted from scratch and followed the directions exactly and I am getting the same errors.

I have another machine that I downloaded Simplicity Studios onto overnight that I’m going to try the tutorial on.

Also when I first open the .slcp I am prompted with a message like this:
Where I then revert the SDK back to Gecko SDK Suite 4.0.2. When I do this it will change the board from the EFR32xG24 Dev Kit Board to Custom Board, and I have to reselect the Dev Kit Board in the Target and Tool Settings window.

I also don’t have the issue that is described in step 5 of the tutorial were the build configuration cannot be resolved.
Don’t know if that helps but figured it would be worth sharing.

Thanks,
Seth

Hey @louis,

New machine with fresh install of both Simplicity Studio 5 and Gecko SDK v4.0.2 builds the project no problem. I will stick to using that for development from now on.

Thank you for all your patience!
Seth

1 Like

Hello @SethW,

Happy that you solved your issue. Good luck with your project and let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,

Louis

Hi @SethW,

I got the exactly same errors as yours when I was trying to test the tutorial (the missing #include path and the SDK revert pop up message). Were you able to do it in your old machine (as you mentioned that the project worked in a new machine with new installs)?

@louis, Do you have any suggestion on what to do in this case?

Hi @SethW and @lmelo03
I have same type of errors, have not been able to get it to work. Did you get it to work eventually?