'Failed to run impulse Error: Unsupported architecture "aarch64"

So I was trying to deploy my model back to my raspberry pi 4. When I run the command ‘edge-impulse-linux-runner’ it says ‘Failed to run impulse Error: Unsupported architecture “aarch64”’. I already tried to reinstall the OS. Please help me.

I would follow this tutorial. I am guessing node.js and npm are not fully setup or installed.

The only changes I had to make were:

• Use node.js version 19 not 12.
  • Line npm config set user root && sudo npm install edge-impulse-linux -g --unsafe-perm would not run so I skipped the 1st part and just ran:
    • sudo npm install edge-impulse-linux -g --unsafe-perm

how to use node.js version 19 not 12?

For node.js version 12:

sudo apt update
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_12.x | sudo bash -
sudo apt install -y gcc g++ make build-essential nodejs sox gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-apps
sudo npm install edge-impulse-linux -g --unsafe-perm

For node.js version 19:

sudo apt update
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_19.x | sudo bash -
sudo apt install -y gcc g++ make build-essential nodejs sox gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-apps
sudo npm install edge-impulse-linux -g --unsafe-perm

bro it still does not work. the error still shows after running "edge-impulse-linux-runner’. please somebody help me.

When deploying are you selecting AARCH64?

@gbrljrdhy Any progress on this?

greeting from taiwan! i actually have this problem too,i also install node.js ver19 and run * sudo npm install edge-impulse-linux -g --unsafe-perm again,but still says " Failed to run impulse Unsupported architecture “aarch64”, only armv7l or aarch64 supported for now ". now should i deploying another firmware like armv7?

for this problem i already resolve it. try to reinstall a raspberry os in 64 bit. thank you!

3 Likes

Hi all,

If you are running into the following error:

Failed to run impulse Error: Unsupported architecture “aarch64”

it likely means you are attempting to deploy a .eim Edge Impulse model file to a 32-bit operating system running on a 64-bit CPU. To check your hardware architecture and OS in Linux, please run the following commands:

uname -m
uname -a
getconf LONG_BIT

If you see something like this:

$ uname -m
aarch64
$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 6.1.21-v8+ #1642 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr  3 17:24:16 BST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux
$ getconf LONG_BIT

it means that you are running 32-bit Linux on a 64-bit hardware system, which will not deploy or run Edge Impulse .eim files. Please download and reinstall a 64-bit version of your operating system to run .eim files.

This was recently made somewhat confusing for Raspberry Pi because their website now gives you the 32-bit version of Raspberry Pi OS by default. When you download the Raspberry Pi OS, please select the 64-bit version:

1 Like