Failed to get info off device Timeout when waiting

Hi Edge Impulse community, I was not able to establish connection between Edge Impulse and my Thingy:91 with hardware version 1.6.0?Could you please help?

The below error message appears in terminal:

[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...
[SER] Failed to get info off device Timeout when waiting for >  (timeout: 5000) onConnected

Best regards,
Shakhizat

Hello @shakhizat,

Can I make sure you followed this step in order to flash the firmware correctly?

Also, what is your hardware version?

Thingy:91 hardware version < 1.4.0

Updating the firmware with older hardware versions may fail. Moreover, even if the update works, the device may later fail to connect to Edge Impulse Studio:

[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...

[SER] Failed to get info off device Timeout when waiting for > (timeout: 5000) onConnected

In these cases, you will also need to flash the connectivity-bridge.hex onto the nRF52840 in the Thingy:91. Follow the steps here to update the nRF52840 SOC application with the connectivity-bridge.hex file through USB.

If this method doesn’t work, you will need to flash both hex files using an external probe."

Regards,

Louis

Hi @louis,

Hardware version is 1.6.0. I followed instructions, except flashing both hex files using an external probe. It was working before. I don’t know what was changed.

Best regards,
Shakhizat

Hi @louis, again I spent almost 4 hours, and was not able to connect it…are you guys changed the firmware file recently, since it was working before?I was working on spring this year. I even tried different usb cables. Used another internet connection. What I am doing wrong here?