ESP32-CAM Compilation Error

Hi I’ve been trying to upload my deployment for Image Classification for the ESP32-CAM. However, when trying to compile the code I get this error below:

xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: error: c:\Users\Lee Kai Seng\Desktop\Kai’s Stuff\Kai’s Stuff\FYP Main Stuff\FYP Main Stuff\FYP AI CLassification stuffy\libraries\Rat_test_1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\porting\espressif\ESP-NN\src\convolution\esp_nn_conv_s8_filter_aligned_input_padded_esp32s3.S: No such file or directory
xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: warning: ‘-x c++’ after last input file has no effect
xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Would love any advice for this matter thanks!

Hi @KaiSeng

Checking with our embedded team, can you please verify the following:

The error message points to a missing file: esp_nn_conv_s8_filter_aligned_input_padded_esp32s3.S . Verify the existence of this file in the specified path. If the file is indeed missing, it could be a sync issue with the Edge Impulse SDK or an incorrect path in the build configuration.

We had a similar issue on the Wio Terminal the workaround there was to remove the ESP-NN/ folder found in Arduino/libraries//src/edge-impulse-sdk/porting/espressif/

Please confirm if this works for you, and our embedded team will also review your issue.

Best

Eoin

Hi @Eoin,

Thanks for your help turns out that the path for the file was incorrect. I’ve corrected it and it now works thanks for your help!

I have made an object detection project made to detect my face with the ESP32 CAM module using RHYX-M21-45 camera and Arduino IDE ran into compilation error here it is,

c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp: In function ‘TfLiteStatus tflite::{anonymous}::Prepare(TfLiteContext*, TfLiteNode*)’:
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1789:67: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1789 | .channels = input->dims->data[3], 1
| ^
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1793:68: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1793 | .channels = output->dims->data[3], 1
| ^
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1795:80: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1795 | data_dims_t filter_dims = {.width = filter_width, .height = filter_height, 0, 0};
| ^
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp: In function ‘void tflite::{anonymous}::EvalQuantizedPerChannel(TfLiteContext*, TfLiteNode*, const TfLiteConvParams&, const NodeData&, const TfLiteEvalTensor*, const TfLiteEvalTensor*, const TfLiteEvalTensor*, TfLiteEvalTensor*)’:
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1883:58: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1883 | .channels = input_depth, 1
| ^
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1887:59: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1887 | .channels = output_depth, 1
| ^
c:\Users\kpabi.ABID-LAPBOTTOM\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Abidkp-project-1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\tensorflow\lite\micro\kernels\conv.cpp:1889:80: error: either all initializer clauses should be designated or none of them should be
1889 | data_dims_t filter_dims = {.width = filter_width, .height = filter_height, 0, 0};
| ^

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Hi @Abidkp

What version of the Arduino IDE and Library are you using, do you have your board installed, and set up? Looks like something wasn’t initialized correctly on the line where .channels is set, not sure if you edited that?

Best

Eoin

@jorduino I changed the setting in the INO file to turn the jpeg pixel configuration to RGB565 would that cause the problem I did this as my esp32 cam cannot proscess jpeg