ESP32-CAM Compilation Error

Hi I’ve been trying to upload my deployment for Image Classification for the ESP32-CAM. However, when trying to compile the code I get this error below:

xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: error: c:\Users\Lee Kai Seng\Desktop\Kai’s Stuff\Kai’s Stuff\FYP Main Stuff\FYP Main Stuff\FYP AI CLassification stuffy\libraries\Rat_test_1_inferencing\src\edge-impulse-sdk\porting\espressif\ESP-NN\src\convolution\esp_nn_conv_s8_filter_aligned_input_padded_esp32s3.S: No such file or directory
xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: warning: ‘-x c++’ after last input file has no effect
xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Would love any advice for this matter thanks!

Hi @KaiSeng

Checking with our embedded team, can you please verify the following:

The error message points to a missing file: esp_nn_conv_s8_filter_aligned_input_padded_esp32s3.S . Verify the existence of this file in the specified path. If the file is indeed missing, it could be a sync issue with the Edge Impulse SDK or an incorrect path in the build configuration.

We had a similar issue on the Wio Terminal the workaround there was to remove the ESP-NN/ folder found in Arduino/libraries//src/edge-impulse-sdk/porting/espressif/

Please confirm if this works for you, and our embedded team will also review your issue.

Best

Eoin

Hi @Eoin,

Thanks for your help turns out that the path for the file was incorrect. I’ve corrected it and it now works thanks for your help!