Error compiling on aithinker

Question/Issue: I am using esp idf 4.4 on wsl2 and i cant flash the firmware to my aithinker camera and am having this problem. Can anyone help me compiling the firmware so I could connect the aithinker to my project.

Running ninja in directory '/mnt/c/Users/63917/Desktop/edge impulse/firmware-espressif-esp32-main/firmware-espressif-esp32-main/build' Executing "ninja all"... [0/1] Re-running CMake... -- Project is not inside a git repository, or git repository has no commits; will not use 'git describe' to determine PROJECT_VER. -- Building ESP-IDF components for target esp32 CMake Error at /home/gabo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/build.cmake:455 (message): Call Stack (most recent call first): /home/gabo/esp/esp-idf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:378 (idf_build_process) CMakeLists.txt:4 (project)

Project ID: 321591

Context/Use case: for a project

Hi @ozzymandias

That error suggests an issue with the CMake configuration or a missing project component. Is this on a MAC? Do you have a pi / other machine to test on. Double-check the paths in your CMakeLists files and ensure all required components are included and correctly referenced.

IDF has many variations for install and pitfalls follow through their setup guide from the beginning and hopefully you will resolve the environmental setup, if you have a pi try setting it up there:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/stable/esp32/get-started/index.html

Follow our setup guide and paste in any errors you hit at the step

I’ve forgot to source their export script perhaps you missed that? It can cause a lot of strange errors…

. $HOME/esp44/esp-idf/export.sh

Best

Eoin