Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE

Hello Team ,

When I compile the EI deployed project for Arduino Ble 33 in Arduino IDE , I am getting this error:

WARNING: Category ‘Data processing’ in library Mani-project-1 Inferencing - Edge Impulse is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘Data processing’ in library RiderAssistanceSystem Inferencing - Edge Impulse is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized’
exec: “/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

I have imported the EI deployed file in sketch and tried compiling ,

Note:
When I was installing the latest Edge impulse firmware by running flash_windows.bat, I got this message in terminal ,

Warning: tool ‘arduino:arm-none-eabi-gcc@7-2017q4’ is not installed. It might not be available for your OS.

Does this cause an error in compiling ? But when I try live classification through edge-impulse-daemon , it works fine .

Hi @Mani, you’re indeed missing a compiler. I think this should be installed when you install the Arduino core for Mbed, I think reinstalling that could solve the issue. You can do that via Tools > Boards > Board manager > Search for ‘mbed’:

Click Remove first, then reinstall v1.3.1. Make sure you don’t accidentally select the one marked ‘deprecated’.

If you’re classifying via edge-impulse-daemon we compile the application on our servers, so you don’t see that.

1 Like

Hi @janjongboom

After re installing it , I can able to compile it without any error . Also able to flash and starts working on my application . Thank you !

But it takes 40 mins for compiling , when I was doing for the first time alone.
I am using 1.8.13.

The Arduino IDE compilation for heavy scripts takes a lot of time for me as well.
I prefer using the maker plan on Arduino Create Web IDE, second preference would be the Arduino CLI, which is a bit faster than the usual IDE.

1 Like