Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE

Hello Team ,

When I compile the EI deployed project for Arduino Ble 33 in Arduino IDE , I am getting this error:

WARNING: Category ‘Data processing’ in library Mani-project-1 Inferencing - Edge Impulse is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘Data processing’ in library RiderAssistanceSystem Inferencing - Edge Impulse is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized’
exec: “/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

I have imported the EI deployed file in sketch and tried compiling ,

Note:
When I was installing the latest Edge impulse firmware by running flash_windows.bat, I got this message in terminal ,

Warning: tool ‘arduino:arm-none-eabi-gcc@7-2017q4’ is not installed. It might not be available for your OS.

Does this cause an error in compiling ? But when I try live classification through edge-impulse-daemon , it works fine .

Hi @Mani, you’re indeed missing a compiler. I think this should be installed when you install the Arduino core for Mbed, I think reinstalling that could solve the issue. You can do that via Tools > Boards > Board manager > Search for ‘mbed’:

Click Remove first, then reinstall v1.3.1. Make sure you don’t accidentally select the one marked ‘deprecated’.

If you’re classifying via edge-impulse-daemon we compile the application on our servers, so you don’t see that.

1 Like

Hi @janjongboom

After re installing it , I can able to compile it without any error . Also able to flash and starts working on my application . Thank you !

But it takes 40 mins for compiling , when I was doing for the first time alone.
I am using 1.8.13.

The Arduino IDE compilation for heavy scripts takes a lot of time for me as well.
I prefer using the maker plan on Arduino Create Web IDE, second preference would be the Arduino CLI, which is a bit faster than the usual IDE.

1 Like

Greetings @janjongboom !

I tried to use the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense Lite from Edge Impulse to compile some Tensorflow lite examples in the Arduino IDE but it seems not to be supported. First I am getting the error message: “Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 Ble” Even the Tensorflow hello world in the IDE gave this error message.