Edge-impulse-daemon randomly disconnects from Arduino

Hi All,

While uploading the sensor data from my Arduino Nano board, I randomly keep seeing failures connecting to the device via ‘edge-impulse-daemon’ with the below messages, while the device is idle. Resetting the device resumes the connection and needs to re-start the sampling.

[SER] Failed to get info off device Error: Cannot parse sensor line: 100.00Hz]
    at EiSerialProtocol.getConfig (/home/balaji/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/edge-impulse-cli/build/shared/daemon/ei-serial-protocol.js:136:31)
    at async SerialConnector.connectLogic (/home/balaji/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/edge-impulse-cli/build/cli/daemon.js:483:26)
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...
[SER] Failed to get info off device Error: Cannot parse sensor line: ]
    at EiSerialProtocol.getConfig (/home/balaji/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/edge-impulse-cli/build/shared/daemon/ei-serial-protocol.js:136:31)
    at async Timeout.connectLogic [as _onTimeout] (/home/balaji/.npm-global/lib/node_modules/edge-impulse-cli/build/cli/daemon.js:456:22)
[SER] Serial closed - retrying in 5 seconds
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...
[SER] Failed to get info off device Timeout when waiting for >  (timeout: 5000) onConnected

Could you please share if this is a known behavior?

Hi @Balaji,

It looks like a timeout error on the serial connection. I’ve seen that a few times with USB cables with poor connectors. By chance do you have another micro-USB to try it with?

Aurelien