Edge-impulse-daemon: no projects listed for Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense

Hi- I’m following the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense getting started guide. Everything installs correctly, but when I run edge-impulse-daemon, it does not list any projects to select:

C:\Users\Joe>edge-impulse-daemon
Edge Impulse serial daemon v1.13.0
Endpoints:
    Websocket: wss://remote-mgmt.edgeimpulse.com
    API:       https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/v1
    Ingestion: https://ingestion.edgeimpulse.com

[SER] Connecting to COM3
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config...
[SER] Retrieved configuration
[SER] Device is running AT command version 1.3.0

C:\Users\Joe>

arduino-cli board list shows:

C:\Users\Joe>arduino-cli board list
Port Type              Board Name          FQBN                   Core
COM3 Serial Port (USB) Arduino Nano 33 BLE arduino:mbed:nano33ble arduino:mbed

I’ve tried reinstalling the firmware multiple times, tried a “edge-impulse-daemon --clean”, and double checked my login and password. Because of this, the device is not showing up in my Edge Impulse project.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Best,
Joe

Have you downloaded and flashed the Edge Impulse firmware for the Nano 33 BLE Sense ?

Seems like you haven’t created any project yet. You could solve this by -
Heading to studio.edgeimpulse.com
Logging in with credentials.
Creating a project.
Running edge-impulse-daemon again, which will show you the project you have just created.

1 Like

@jpotkay If you do:

edge-impulse-daemon --api-key ei_xxx

Where you replace ei_xxx with an API key from Dashboard > Keys does this go through?

Yes, I flashed the Nano 33 BLE Sense with the latest Edge Impulse firmware. Thank you for checking.

Yes, I had created two projects before trying to run edge-impulse-daemon. Thank you for the suggestion.

I just logged in to try your suggestion and I first ran just “edge-impulse-daemon”. For some reason, it is now working today and provides me with an option of my two projects to connect to. I’m not sure what changed, but it now works (one day later with nothing else changed). Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions.

2 Likes