Deploying models to Adafruit Circuit Playground Bluefruit

Hello! I know that the Adafruit Circuit Playground Bluefruit isn’t a supported board yet, but I was wondering if it’s possible to train and compile an edge impulse model and deploy it to the Bluefruit board? It has an nrf52840 chip on board, and the Adafruit team have been able to deploy tensorflow lite to the boards.

I tried to export an Arduino library, but I was getting compilation errors (missing rtos library) when compiling to the Adafruit Circuit Playground Bluefruit.

What would be the best way forward to use edge impulse models on another board?

Hello @ajosephau,

Oh I didn’t know that board, it looks really cool!
I just added the board to my Arduino IDE and tried to compile the static_buffer.ino using the Bluefruit board.

It works if you add this line:

#include <Wire.h>

Unfortunately I do not have this board to test on the hardware.

You can also have a look at this thread: Error with Arduino Library on Adafruit nRF Board

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks @louis for the quick answer! I was able to get static_buffer.ino working, especially with the raw data I sampled before yay! I’m going to work on how to get my motion data into the features[] array.

Thanks for the new direction! I’m not sure if it’ll help but I’m happy to share the code I’ve got to add Edge Impulse support for the Circuit Playground Bluefruit if it helps?

1 Like