CSV file uploading - Could not determine frequency, the timestamp column should contain increasing numbers

I am trying to upload a CSV file wth timestamp and I see this error message. I am trying to debug this issue. Can you help me with this issue?.

“Could not determine frequency, the timestamp column should contain increasing numbers”

Hi @rohith2597,

The timestamp column should have a fixed interval between samples. You can see some example in our doc here: Importing CSV data - Edge Impulse API

Aurelien

1 Like

Hi @aurel: Thanks for your quick reply. So my dataset doesn’t have a fixed Interval between them. Is there any way to do for this kind of dataset?

The fixed interval is important if you need to apply signal processing then (ie: FFT and such).
Can you share more on your use case and the data/sensor you’re using?

1 Like

I am taking various sensor details and trying to make a neural network based regression model. I did preprocessing and removed few datas so the timestamp is random and not of fixed interval.

Now I just removed the timestamp and manually added the timestamp of fixed interval because it doesn’t matter. Only sensor details are required for input for the neural network. Now I am able to upload the dataset. But still I haven’t tried the regression model.

2 Likes