Continuous Motion - First impressions

Got the STM32L475 board this morning. Here are just a few bits of feedback when doing the sampling and processing:

1. The guide says " select your device, set the label to updown , the sample length to 10000 , the sensor to Built-in accelerometer and the interval to 16" - but there is no interval shown; a minor point.
  2. When sampling - on a fairly slow machine - I get “Sampling failed: managment socket closed” but if you click OK it works
  3. After about three samples is says no device present - but if you wait a bit and reload the screen it reappears and you can carry on.
  4. When, all excited, I came to look at the feature explorer - it said WebGL not available - so I
    tried enabling it in Google Chrome - no luck. I have an old imac running windows 10 so I thought that would be it. Then I tried Microsoft Edge browser - and it works - it must have been the name!

So now I can carry on playing and see if I can get it all working - pretty impressed so far - even though I don’t have a thorough understanding of what I am doing.

… and now I have run the Demo right through to the end and it all works. Very good documentation - thank you.

Hi @kimwo, thanks a lot for the feedback! I’ve fixed 1. in the docs. Regarding 2 and 3, the machine itself shouldn’t matter but it’s rather the remote management server thinking the device was disconnected (both issues are related to this). How long are you sampling for? 10 seconds? We’ve seen other users have similar issues but I’ve not managed to replicate.

1. When, all excited, I came to look at the feature explorer - it said WebGL not available - so I
    tried enabling it in Google Chrome - no luck. I have an old imac running windows 10 so I thought that would be it. Then I tried Microsoft Edge browser - and it works - it must have been the name!

This is a new one for me! Will file a bug and see what we can do about this!

So now I can carry on playing and see if I can get it all working - pretty impressed so far - even though I don’t have a thorough understanding of what I am doing.

Great! If you run into anything please let me know!

10 second sampling. To be honest it just seemed to be a speed thing - and if I went more slowly it was fine. Very impressed to be able to program the board by just dropping a file into a folder. I am used to Arduino IDE and trying to press the reset button at the right moment.