Classifying Audio with Arduino GIGA R1 WiFi

Dear Edge Impulse experts,

Has anyone encountered an issue with microphone reading from the Arduino GIGA R1 WiFi with GIGA Display Shield? It appears to me that the microphone is unresponsive to any sound. I checked the model via a web browser and it’s working well, but on the edge device, it’s not functioning properly. I tried playing around with the PDM gain value, but it didn’t help. Maybe, i am doing smth wrong, please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Shakhizat

Hi @shakhizat,

As Edge Impulse does not officially support the GIGA, you will need to write the audio drivers yourself. I do not have a GIGA, so I do not know if I will be much help. I recommend trying the microphone example first to see if you can read raw audio values from the microphone. If that works, then you can try filling the feature[] buffer in the Edge Impulse static_buffer example (found in the Arduino library) with those PDM values to see if inference will work.

1 Like

Hi @shawn_edgeimpulse, thanks for your reply. I conducted some testing and made a few changes. I increased the sample rate from 16K to 20K and adjusted the PDM gain value to 5. It appears to be working now. can’t explain that))

1 Like