Classification on Nano 33 BLE Sense (MFE specific?)

Question/Issue:
I’m trying to run an impulse on the Nano 33 BLE sense board. I have created a model that works very well in the Edge Impulse platform and with live classification using the Nano board. However, when I try to deploy it to the Nano hardware to run fully on the edge the classification values never change no matter the input. This doesn’t seem to be an issue when I use a spectrogram instead of the MFE but I don’t get the same performance with the spectrogram.

I get this message when I run the firmware on the board via the serial monitor:
WARN: run_classifier_continuous, enable_maf is true, but performance calibration is not configured.
Previously we’d run a moving-average filter over your outputs in this case, but this is now disabled.
Go to ‘Performance calibration’ in your Edge Impulse project to configure post-processing parameters.
(You can enable this from ‘Dashboard’ if it’s not visible in your project)

Predictions (DSP: 40 ms., Classification: 14 ms., Anomaly: 0 ms.):
metal-cutting-alarm: 0.00391
no-alarm: 0.99609
Predictions (DSP: 39 ms., Classification: 14 ms., Anomaly: 0 ms.):

Audio classification
-MFE block
-Classifier (alarm/no-alarm classes)

Project ID:

Context/Use case:
Audio classification of events for alarm

As suggested did you do the Performance Cal?

Yes I tried that but I’m honeslty not clear what that has to do with the deployment to the hardware. Can you explain that a bit more? I tried to performance calibration, selected and option from that, then deployed. But I still saw the same issue.

Performance Cal is basically fine-tuning konstants that get deployed to header files.

If your still getting the error after running Performance Cal, then I’d repost this as a bug.

Also note that the Nano 33 BLE Sense rev2 is not supported yet.