<Cfloat> error for image detection project

Question/Issue: I am working on a machine learning project using Arduino. The zip file download for esp32 won’t run because of a cfloat error. I have gone through the entire zip file and found no clfoat file that links to the numpy location. How do I fix this error?

Project ID:

Context/Use case:

Are you using the arduino ide? And downloading the Arduino library?

Or what ide are you using?

Hi @Kimbetty,

Please copy and paste the error messages you see from the Arduino IDE. That will help us troubleshoot your issue.

I have the same issue, this is the error copy pasted:

In file included from C:\Users\berniabadr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing\src/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_model_types.h:24:0,
from C:\Users\berniabadr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing\src/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_dsp.h:21,
from C:\Users\berniabadr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing\src/edge-impulse-sdk/classifier/ei_run_classifier.h:23,
from C:\Users\berniabadr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing\src/stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing.h:49,
from C:\Users\berniabadr\AppData\Local\Temp.arduinoIDE-unsaved2024031-30596-1cofyw8.q9r6\static_buffer\static_buffer.ino:18:
C:\Users\berniabadr\Documents\Arduino\libraries\stemmervanpulhof-project-1_inferencing\src/edge-impulse-sdk/dsp/numpy.hpp:32:10: fatal error: cfloat: No such file or directory
#include
^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Hi @stemmervanpulhof,

Which ESP32 are you using?

I don’t have a lot of experience so if I need to be more specific tell me. But I’m using the ESP-EYE. Does that help?

@stemmervanpulhof,

Apologies for the delay. Were you able to figure this out? If not, could you provide the following:

• Edge Impulse project ID number (so I can try to replicate the issue)
  • Which version of the Arduino ESP32 board package do you have installed (you can find this in the Arduino IDE)?

Hi @shawn_edgeimpulse,

No worries, thanks for helping me out! I have not yet figured it out.
The project ID number is: 284341. I’ve also got the link in case you’d need it: stemmervanpulhof-project-1 - Dashboard - Edge Impulse.
For the board package, I haven’t downloaded any library since I deleted the Arduino IDE application and reinstalled it to see if it would work. I did have a library installed before but I do not know precisely which one.

Kind regards

Hi @stemmervanpulhof,

I was able to compile your project successfully. Here is what I used:

• Arduino IDE v2.2.1
  • esp32 board package v2.0.14
  • Board selected: ESP32 Wrover Module

Could you see if those settings/versions work for you?

Hi @shawn_edgeimpulse,

Sorry for the late response, I hadn’t touched my project since friday and I didn’t see your message. Apart from that, it worked! I really appreciate the help. I do have another issue though, it keeps giving me an error exit status 2. Does it have to do with the cable I use to connect the esp32 to the PC? Because I’ve tried multiple cables and nothing works. This is the error:
Sketch uses 447345 bytes (34%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 26460 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory, leaving 301220 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.
esptool.py v4.5.1
Serial port COM6
Connecting…

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: No serial data received.
For troubleshooting steps visit: Troubleshooting - ESP32 - — esptool.py latest documentation
Failed uploading: uploading error: exit status 2

Kind regards

Hi @stemmervanpulhof,

The error could be related to a number of issues: bad cable, bad driver, board not in bootloader. Please check out these threads to see if any of the advice in there helps:

Hi @shawn_edgeimpulse,

I’ll check it out. I’m really thankful for your help.

Kind regards,