Cannot detect camera when using raspberry pi 4

I am attempting to connect my raspberry pi using a v2.1 cam to edge impulse for the purpose of image detection. When I do so I get the error

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ edge-impulse-linux
Edge Impulse Linux client v1.3.5

[SER] Using microphone hw:1,0
Failed to initialize linux tool Error: Cannot find any webcams, run this command with --disable-camera to skip selection
at /usr/lib/node_modules/edge-impulse-linux/build/cli/linux/linux.js:435:23
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)

I have looked through several of the fourm posts and tutorials and have been unable to find a solution please help.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Maen.aa,

It sounds like your Raspberry Pi cannot communicate with the camera. I recommend checking the wiring or cable to make sure it is firmly attached to the Pi. Then, try running the command:

raspistill -o ~/Downloads/image.jpg

This should open a viewer, snap a photo, and save the image in your Downloads folder.

I am able to capture images. The problem is not the connection to the camera itself. Other ideas?

did you get the solution for this. same problem for me also

1 Like

Same issue here… only way I can capture images from my raspberry pi to the edge impulse client is through the webclient.

Hi all,

Can you provide me with the project ID and tell me what cameras you are attempting to use? Is it all the Pi Cam v2.1?

I also had a similar problem with the Pi4 and V2 Camera. If you can take images using the command “rapstill -o …” then edit the dtoverlay parameter to imx219 in /boot/config.txt . That is, dtoverlay=imx219 . This is the required value for the V2 camera module from the documentation: Raspberry Pi Documentation - Camera

Hope this helps :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, it works now.
Thank you!