Are there plans to support STM32L4S5

I bought an STM32 Discovery kit IoT node for STM32L4S5.
The board i have is an B-L4S5I-IOT01A.
One of the supported boards is very similar (ST B-L475E-IOT01A).
I have tried to transfer the firmware for the ST B-L475E-IOT01A onto the B-L4S5I-IOT01A but it was not surprised when it didn’t work. The B-L4S5I-IOT01 ejected which i suspect was because it is the incorrect firmware. Do Edge Impulse have any plans to support the B-L4S5I-IOT01 or is anybody able to suggest a work around?

Many Thanks

Hey @DSHardy, I don’t think we’ll do a full port anytime soon, but you can capture data by using the data forwarder. Just write raw sensor values over serial and the data forwarder can pick it up. That works for anything which resolution is not too high. Alternatively you can capture data on the board and send it directly to the ingestion service, or use your mobile phone’s microphone as a quick way to do data acquisition (deployed audio models typically work pretty well on any microphone).

When you have a trained model you you can either deploy your impulse to a C++ library or STM32Cube.AI CMSIS-PACK and integrate with your firmware. The docs have examples on using the CMSIS-PACK in CubeMX, and a lot of examples in using the C++ library with a wide variety of toolchains.

Thanks for the advice @janjongboom.

As an update:
I ordered and received a B-L475E-IOT01A.
I have successfully set this up as a device on ‘Edge Impulse’.
I use an iMac and during setup, when i copied the ‘DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A.bin’ to the ‘DIS_L4S5VI’ in finder, the board ejected as it did with the B-L4S5I-IOT01A. I thought this may indicate that the device setup was problematic because i was using a Mac but the ‘edge-impulse-daemon’ successfully setup the B-L475E-IOT01A, so i tried doing the same with the newer B-L4S5I-IOT01A but this was unsuccessful.