Arduino Nano 33 BLE deployments broken

I just did an Arduino deployment of my model and Arduino is not longer able to compile for the Nano 33 BLE. I get this error:

arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ../../../../../../Users/lberndt/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/libs/libmbed.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ../../../../../../Users/lberndt/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/libs/libcc_310_core.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ../../../../../../Users/lberndt/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/libs/libcc_310_ext.a: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: ../../../../../../Users/lberndt/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/mbed/1.1.4/variants/ARDUINO_NANO33BLE/libs/libcc_310_trng.a: No such file or directory
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE.

I switched back to the previous version of the EI library for my model and it compiles fine. It looks like I downloaded that version on July 4th. I checked and I have the latest version of the Nano 33 Board package. I did a quick check and it looks like some CMSIS-NN code may have been added in the interim.

It might be my setup - I ran into the same error trying to compile the latest version of the Arduino TF Person Detection example. I will try deleting and reinstalling the Board libraries.

Maybe the Arduino core was updated? We have v1.1.4 in our continuous integration pipeline.

Upgrading to the latest version (1.8.13) of the Arduino IDE fixed things!

1 Like

Check! I’ve been bitten by this two weeks ago as well.

I hit exact same problem today and after upgrading Arduino IDE to 1.18.13 resolved the issue. Thanks !

2 Likes