Arduino nano 33 BLE can it do speech recognition?

I have a Arduino nano 33 BLE and im planning on using it for my speech recognition project, can I use it with a microphone module for the input or do i really need to get the arduino 33 BLE sense in order to make this project.

Hello @Serberus,

Edge Impulse Arduino example called static_buffer can be compiled on the Arduino nano 33 BLE. However, you probably won’t be able to compile the microphone and microphone continuous examples. You’ll need to grab the microphone raw data by yourself and fill that to a buffer that you can then pass to the run_impulse. It’s not super complicated but not as easy as the default examples we provide for the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense.

I hope that helps,

Regards,

Louis

1 Like

thanks for the reply,
so everytime i say the word i have to manually get the raw data?

You can automate that and run the inference continuously on your device. For example if the class unknown or noise has been recognize, do nothing.

@louis can we get on a zoom or teams meeting, I got so many questions and i need help so bad right now I am willing to pay for tutoring

Can you send a message to hello@edgeimpulse.com and provide the URL of this thread on the forum.
Do not hesitate to also provide as much context as possible.

Regards,

Louis

i sent one thank you for your reply @louis

Awesome, I have just asked one of our business developer to get back to you.
In the meantime, more than happy to answer your questions asynchronously here if needed.

Regards,

Louis