Arduino IDE 2.0 beta

Arduino IDE 2.0 beta is out. (on the page just go below 1.8.13) I will try it but wondering if anyone has checked if it works with Edge Impulse on windows without having to use the platform.local.txt file.

I am wondering if you can install both IDE’s on the same computer?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. The platform.local.txt should already have been fixed in latest 1.8 IDE as far as I know.

I can verify that I have managed to successfully compile edge impulse for Arduino nano 33 BLE using IDE 2.0 on windows “out of the box” (i.e. without needing to do any special configuration).

It should be possible to have serval versions of the Arduino IDE on the same system, provided that you download the “.zip” files and not the installers.

@Morne. Thanks for the reply. Sounds good.

Has anyone tried the new Arduino IDE version 2.0.0-rc3 it is now out of Beta (I think). I have tried it a few times before and was not impressed, but this version seems better. Important point for edge impulse is that my vision programs are not working from windows, works fine on Ubuntu Linux once I got the udev rules setup. Anyone else finding similar issues.

I am making a few notes here

Hello @Rocksetta,

We’ve updated our documentation to use Arduino IDE 2.0 now:

Best,

Louis

1 Like