Another arduino compile error

Hi all,

Question/Issue:
I’m having issues compiling the microphone or static buffer examples from the example folder for an audio classification impulse on Adafruit Feather Sense nRF52840.

Project ID:

Context/Use case:

Compiling all three examples results in a similar compiler error with respect to:stl_vector.h:1070: undefined reference to `std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’

E.g.

/Users/Heolstor/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/9.2.1/bits/stl_vector.h:1070: undefined reference to `std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’

Or.

/Users/Heolstor/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.2.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /Users/davemothershaw/Library/Arduino15/packages/adafruit/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2019q4/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/9.2.1/bits/stl_vector.h:1070: undefined reference to `std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’

Any help or advice would be very much welcomed.
H

Hello @Heolstor,

Sorry I don’t have a Adafruit Feather Sense nRF52840 and we don’t officially support this one.

However, it seems that @Robotastic found a workaround: Error with Arduino Library on Adafruit nRF Board - #13 by Robotastic

Let me know if that helps,

Best,

Louis

1 Like

Hi @louis,

Many thanks indeed, that does solve it!

I have a single Nano 33 BLE Sense that I developed the project on but I wanted to deploy to multiple boards and couldn’t find any more of these available anywhere online. I had hoped the Adafruit was similar enough to the officially supported Arduino that it would port straight over. Sadly not, but for anyone similarly struggling to source an officially supported Nano 33 BLE Sense, the solution provided by @Robotastic in the link from by @louis got it working for me on the Adafruit!

Many thanks again to @louis and @Robotastic,

A very grateful,
Heolstor

3 Likes