Object Classification on Smartphone Video Stream

I have followed the tutorial on object detection. I was using my smartphone as sensor node. I want to ask if there is a way to classify object in video using smartphone as Jan showed it on RPi web interface? Because currently I could do only image based classification on smartphone by switching to classification mode. It would be great if I could classify object in Live Video Stream using a smartphone. Is there any way to do that? Thanks.

Hi @timothy.malche,

On the deployment tab of your Edge Impulse project, scroll down to the bottom and select “Mobile” under “Run your impulse directly”, then click Build.

Scan the generated QR code with the camera on your smartphone. Open the link in your phone’s web browser and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click on the “Switch to classification mode” button:

Now wait for your project to finish building. Then, you can point your camera at your objects and classify them directly on your web browser of your smartphone!

@timothy.malche I am looking into live video stream classification similar to the RPi deployment

Thank you @jenny for such detailed steps, but I have already done this.

thanks @jenny I am actually looking forward to it only.

Hi @timothy.malche,

I looked into this for you, and it seems we do not yet natively support live video stream classification natively on mobile phone. However, I will forward this feature suggestion onto our engineering team!

In the meantime, if you are interested, you can also view the open source code for the mobile client on our GitHub here: https://github.com/edgeimpulse/mobile-client, you could try implementing a live video stream classification on your own if you would like!

– Jenny

Hello @desnug,

I saw your post in your other thread: Deploying real-time audio classification in local server

I will try to have a look later today but to avoid confusion, I’ll keep the discussion on the other thread as the title here is not related to your issue.

Regards,

Louis

hi @louis. thanks for replying…sorry then, I ask @jenny, because she is mention about mobile-client…I’ll remove my question in here.

regards,

Hi @jenny, may I check if this feature for live video stream classification on mobile phone is now available, or will be available in the near future? Thank you (:

Hi apologies for the confusion, I have only submitted a feature request, meaning it is up to the discretion of the engineering team when/if it will be implemented and if it is possible. However I’ll forward your feedback onto my team again!

Thanks!
— Jenny