Local or Cloud Installation
I was wondering what prerequisites people are finding work well together for local installations of Edge Impulse on Linux either Ubuntu or Debian?
Someone, probably @janjongboom has done a lot of work showing how to run Edge Impulse locally on Windows, Mac and Linux. See the docs at https://docs.edgeimpulse.com/docs/running-your-impulse-locally-1
I am always trying to simplify coding for my students. I never know if I am doing things the best way. I just try lots of things and see what works best for me! So far, I am having limited results using these:
For the Arduino Client
- This worked
curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arduino/arduino-cli/master/install.sh | sh
- This worked
python3 -m pip install mbed-cli
For Zephr and Nordic.
- not tried yet but it says for nrf-connect try (info above). Not sure if this is nrf-connect or a prerequisite for it
wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/d/device-tree-compiler/device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-1_amd64.deb
- For West this works, one time it did not like the second command
pip3 install --user west west init -l
- not tried yet but this looks useful for a full prerequisite install
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends git cmake ninja-build gperf \ ccache dfu-util device-tree-compiler wget \ python3-pip python3-setuptools python3-tk python3-wheel xz-utils file \ make gcc gcc-multilib
- Segger Dev tools (I will not need these for work in the cloud) link here
- (You need a license, so not going there) info here
For SiliconLabs Thunderboard Sense 2
- You need simplicity studio link here This installs really nicely on windows so probably wont install this on the cloud.
For C and C++ and other boards
From the docs here . “You need * GNU Make - to build the application.
make should be in your PATH. A modern C++ compiler. The default LLVM version on macOS works, but on Linux upgrade to LLVM 9 (installation instructions).”
For GNU, there are so many installations I am not sure which is best for Edge Impulse.
- for Just Make and GCC
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends make gcc gcc-multilib
- but this also seems to install make and gcc
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends build-essential
- For LLVM I tried but without success
curl -o /var/lib/apt/dazzle-marks/llvm.gpg -fsSL https://apt.llvm.org/llvm-snapshot.gpg.key
Wondering if anyone has all the main prerequisites but not lots of other installs that work well together for use with Edge Impulse local or cloud installation on Linux? Perhaps @aurel ?